Things are gearing up for a few new patch designs to get added to the store with the new year right around the corner. Already got a few new ones posted now. Should have a few extra ones closers to the new year. Be sure to check it out!
Last week I posted a blog about updating the analytics for my Etsy store to help increase traffic. It was a major undertaking, considering the fact that I have something like 60 listings. While I was in there doing all of that silly boring work on each listing to help generate more traffic, I decided to change up the look and feel of the store as well. All of my listings got totally revamped.
And with that, I just wanted to announce that all of that hard work over the course of last week paid off. The traffic to my store has tripled and seems to be staying consistent. With that, I woke up this morning to having reached more than 2,500 sales. That’s pretty cool considering the store is only about a year old. I don’t remember when I started the store, but I am pretty sure it was close to around this time last year. Looking back on it and the three patches I started with I am surprised at how much the store has grown.
I wonder what it will look like this time next year…
I just wanted to give a real quick store update. I have been hustling on the store upgrades. I finally have the embroidery patches and button-pins totally updated. It feels good to have the bulk of the work completed. I am very happy with how the look and feel of the store is coming together.
You will also notice that those business cards finally came in. I am happy with how they turned out. I got them for two reasons. One, to pass out when the opportunity randomly arises. But mostly, I got them so as to help generate traffic to the site via the store by adding the card to my outgoing orders.
The next major store related task is going to be the screen print punk patches. Once I get that portion of the store updated to match the rest of what is going on, I will be done messing with it for a while. I don’t know if you noticed or not, but as a designer I am a stickler for continuity and consistency. With that, I have still yet to take the new photos for my punk patches. I still have yet to decide how I will do that while keeping the same theme going.
If you haven’t already, be sure to go visit the store and take a look at the updates that have been going on.
So, I have a couple of supper crazy updates with the Etsy store. I recently got a new patch design up on the store for starters. It’s pretty epic if you ask me. I am stepping away from doing just circles and am going to start designing patches that are a variety of shapes to help mix things up in the store.
Other than that I have been doing a lot of major updates to the store. Not only have I changed the look and feel of the store to match my new website design, but I have also changed the name of the store to match that as well. With the store name now totally changed to match my website I wanted to take things a step further by tackling the analytics to help with search results (something any avid online merchant should do from time to time).
So far I have been cranking through that just fine and have already seen a drastic increase in sales from what little adjustments have already been made. As of today I have tackled the analytics for the embroidery patches on the store. I still need to do the analytics for the buttons and screen print patches. But, for right now I need a break. Doing this type of junk is supper time consuming. Since I have gotten a lot done with the look, feel, and analytics of the store, I thought I would completely finish up my embroidery section by updating the photos.
This is where the frustration comes in.
I cannot for the life of me get my camera to take a good picture. Although these look clean, I am not at all happy with them. But that isn’t the aggravating part. What frustrates me is that I have a specific look and feel that I am hoping to go for, but it just isn’t going to happen with my cell phone camera. No way, no how. The upside-downside to this is that I do have a great friend at church who does photography for a living. She could totally set me up and have the listings in my store looking jam-tastic.
The only issue with that is this…
If and when I add a listing to the store I don’t want to have to depend on her or bug her each and ever time I have a new listing get added. It just wouldn’t be fair to her nor productive for either of us.
If I am going to come up with a solution to this issue, I need to be able to replicate the look I am going for at home on my own time with what camera I have. Sadly, the camera I have isn’t that great.
Anyway, Etsy store rant over… I have been tackling a lot over at the store if you wanted to go in and see the updates. I hope to have two new patch designs posted in another month. And hopefully soon I will get this photo taking issue lined out. Once I have done that and have the embroidery section totally knocked out, I will move over to the buttons and screen prints.
Oh, and another update… will be adding stickers soon also! So, there’s that.
I started out the store doing fun stuff like Big Foot, UFOs, and Nessie. As the store grew I branched off and did quite a few different types of patches (faith based, my hatred for NASA, animal rights, and political themed). A batch of these patches have been Christian themed ideas. With that, I have recently decided that I am going to let a lot of my non-Christian designs sale out. And, after time… the goal is to primarily be a Christian themed patch store entirely. Having said that, I am going to start working on some ideas for some cool new patch designs. I already have one new one coming out in about a month. It is titled “Seven Trumpets”.
I am also going to start branching out of the circle style of patches and start doing larger odd shaped designs with this new direction for the store.
Wish me luck with this new direction.